Sales Trader (Up to AVP) - JPN - Equity Markets
With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries.
As the institutional execution landscape evolves, electronic execution is a fast growing and focus business. The Sales Trader is responsible for promoting Citi’s execution platform and assisting clients in executing trades.
- Market Citigroup’s electronic execution capabilities, contribute to team strategy and deliver a high level of customer service
- Providing electronic sales trading services to both international and domestic institutional investors who trade into the Pan Asia, mainly Japan markets. This includes services such as suggestions on alternative trading methods to meet best execution, sourcing liquidity, and actually trading into the market to enhance execution quality.
- Analyze client’s execution performance through TCA reports (Transaction Cost Analysis) and provide suggestions to clients.
- The business is highly dependent on having an excellent execution platform as well the most effective tools to run a scalable business and provide top class service. Each individual on the desk is responsible to ensure we continuously develop the right products and tools on the back of client feedback. The person is responsible of understanding the clients needs in detail, work with the various product, quant and technology teams to build the appropriate product.
- Cross sell into Swaps / Prime / ETFs / Derivatives etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and internal policy
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- At least a few years of relevant experience. Experience in electronic sales trading role is preferred
- Knowledge of equity trading, different trading strategies, equities, the market place and market issues
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Proven ability to prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Fluency in both English and Japanese languages
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting