OTC Derivatives Operations, AVP Position - JPN -Markets Operations
With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries.
AVP position in OTC Derivatives Operations/Japan Markets Operations responsible for processing transaction and settlements originating from OTC Derivatives products.
Derivatives Operations is required with the expert knowledge from complex products and experiences which was established by past cases for settlement and contract documentation.
Also the team needs to comply the change of regulation (eg. Libor, ISDA, CCP) and establish the process with partners, especially technology.
The team is expected to support first class of experience to our clients, as Citi Japan is recognized as one of the top broker dealer in the market of Japan.
Role in OTC Derivatives Operation, covering OTC Derivative transaction on CGMJ and Citibank Tokyo entities.
- Process settlements from derivative products. Interactively liaison with cash operation and overseas operation to provide smooth and superior service
- Drafting and generating of ISDA trade confirmation for non centrally cleared derivatives transaction. Regularly communicate with Legal department in local and overseas to keep accurate drafting knowledge.
- Process derivative settlements related to CCP activities(JSCC)
- Resolve settlement related issues and escalate as needed; recommend solutions to resolve complex issues
- Monitor and maintain static data to keep accurate and compliant information in the firm. Engage in documentation and reporting required by regulators and clients on OTC derivatives products (blotter, monthly statements etc)
- Lead small size group and coach junior to mid level staff and build strong team. Provide formal and informal guidance, and/or on the job training
- Achieve team performance excellence to ensure high quality and high volume productivity
- Support managers as group leader on various activities
- 5-10 years of experience in a related role, related experience. Equivalent work experience preferred
- Demonstrated comprehension of Derivatives products, accounting, contract documentation and regulatory policies
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Experience in team management and developing people preferred. Aim to be a leader positively and productively
- Interacting with senior management both in the business, corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments
- Proven relationship management skills to partner and influence across organizational lines
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Efficient oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Markets Operations in Japan supports various products such as Fixed Income, Equity, FX, SBL and Future for mostly Japanese investors. OTC Derivatives Operations is the one of dynamic organization which faces to latest derivatives products across the asset class from Tokyo and Okinawa.
We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Oﬃce Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance alongside having signiﬁcant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience.
Job Family Group:
Operations – Transaction Services
Securities and Derivatives Processing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting