Associate Producer (Japan)
External publishing producer focused on delivering on time, on budget and to a high level of quality. The Associate Producer may be required to handle several projects releasing on multiple platforms globally. Working closely with the Production team, reporting to the Sr. Producer.
- Coordinate with Western-based producers, being “eyes and ears” on the ground in the Asian territory, able to work on local time w/ Asian-based teams. This includes translating emails and documents from time to time, as well as functioning as an interpreter in international calls between English speakers and Japan based teams.
- Work with development teams to produce entertaining games on time and on budget and to a high level of quality.
- Work with developers to create Milestone Schedules, including key project deliverables.
- Effectively track all milestones or other deliverables, ensuring focus is always on risk mitigation and proactively addressing the needs of the project. Communication of project status throughout the organization and key stakeholders is expected.
- Manage multiple language sku’s in all territories worldwide and helping with 1st Party submissions in all territories.
- Work with QA Manager to assure proper quality and duration of QA testing
- Manage any post ship game development or support needs, including live service and DLC updates
- Supply all materials needed for 1st Party submissions for concept, evaluations, relevant age rating materials, pre-cert and final submission approvals.
- Coordinate with submissions team on any concerns or questions from 1st party, including approval/waive issue information needs.
- Partner with Brand/Marketing to acquire any needed information for 1st party brand/marketing approvals.
- Effectively communicate the core experience of the game to others including Brand, PR, Sales, Marketing, Asia office, Executive management, press and partner companies.
- Review new products from Business Development and provide review report on strengths and weaknesses. Strong knowledge of a broad spectrum of games, both historically and currently trending, is highly desirable.
[NOTE] Above responsibilities are supported by the Producer of the reporting line who will oversee the progress and supply advice where necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Fluent with MS Office suite and similar productivity tools
- Good knowledge of game genres and game industry conventions
- Broad knowledge of PC hardware and software and console hardware
- Experience in one of PD, QA and Localization fields as advantage
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Must hold current Passport and be prepared to travel internationally as required
- Fluent in Japanese & English